Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

It is Monday morning and I am home with Rachelle, because we have to treat our hair for lice for the second round this year. It is not an embarrassment issue for me, rather an annoying irritant that is difficult to get be rid of completely. If you haven't had lice before, be thankful. Treatment requires daily combing with a fine toothed combed for three weeks and there is also some housekeeping and laundry that needs to be done. It would probably be best if I would cut my hair and stop hugging my PK kiddos, but that is not an option.

The good part of this past weekend was being able to spend it at a women's retreat with ladies from across Nicaragua. It was nice to get away and refresh. Our speaker encouraged us to focus on "one take away" from the weekend and my take away came from the last session in the two phrases: "be present, not distracted" and "it's not up to me". God once again reminded me to be present in my classroom and love on my kiddos and not judge myself or calling here. It is not up to me to change lives or hearts, I am called to love my students and as I do that, share the love and good news of Christ. I feel I have met that calling this year and look forward to being able to continue my mission in the next school year. A mother of former students at NCA called our school the "pearl of her mission" because she knew her kids were being taken care of and receiving an excellent education, which allowed her and her husband time to build relationships in the barrios to make a difference in lives of Nicaraguans at schools, hospitals, and churches.

With that being said, we would love to have your support to finish out this year and begin the next school year. Please consider supporting our work here with a monthly donation of $15 a month. This can quickly be set up electronically on crwm.org. Click on Find a Missionary and look us up under alphabetical list by Faber.

Prayer warriors please remember us as we finish our this school year. We will be traveling home for the summer and spending time with family and friends. Our oldest, Katie, gets married July 22nd . Stacey graduates from high school on June 9 and looks forward to working with the Soaar program here as NCA for a gap year. Branden moves to 10th and Rachelle will join middle school as a 7th grader. Pray for the transitions of the missionary families who will be leaving for new jobs in their home countries as well as the families who will be moving to Nicaragua. Summer is a time of transitions in our NCAI family and your prayers are felt and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment